Grated Coconut Layer Kueh椰丝双层糕
Grated Coconut Layer Kueh
Fried grated coconut 150g
Rice flour 110g
Hoen Kwee flour 70g
Thick coconut milk 650ml
Syrup: (Cook until well dissolved)
Caster sugar 120g
Brown sugar 60g
Brown syrup :(Cook until sugar well dissolved, strain)
Brown sugar 30g
1. Combine all batter ingredients, add in syrup. Strain well.
2. Divide, batter mixture into 2 equal portions. Mix one portion with fried grated coconut and
50ml of extra brown syrup to enhance the colour. The another remain with the original flavor batter.
3. Preheat a greased 8 inches square cake tin in steamer. Pour in ½ portion of the original batter, covered and steam for 5 minutes over high heat.
4. Pour ½ portion of the coconut batter onto no(3). Steam for further 5 minutes.
5. Repeat the proceduce to finished up the remaining batter. Covered and steam the final layer over medium heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to cool. Cut into pieces and serve.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment